Monday, July 09, 2007

Lookie what I got today!






A package from Sanguine Gryphon! What can I say? I saw the new "Little Traveller" fingering weight yarn and *had* to get a skein "Ghana" colorway! Threw in a bit o' batting (Wild Mountain Thyme) to justify the shipping... and there you go!

Well...Etsy can be bad for me. Very bad.

That same day, I saw this and this...LOVED them! HAD to get the sun one for me and the lady bug one for my friend's daughter who shares my birthday and who has always been the 'ladybug'...

Now, as if that wasn't enough, when I placed my order for the Little Traveller yarn, I passed up the "Brazil" colorway. Gryphon emailed me thanking me for the order and mentioned that if I had knit up my previously ordered yarn (Traveller in "Mali"), if I wouldn't mind sharing pics. Well, that very yarn was in line to be knit into Ann Budd's "Flame wave" (pic shown at someone's blog I found...) pattern from IK "Favorite Socks".

I got motivated to start them NOW, and got to it, failing to remember the cuff was only to be knit to 3 1/2"...So now that I am past the heel and into the gussett decreases, I realize I may not have enough yarn! (Picture coming soon...) Becoming so enlightened, I thought perhaps I should check Gryphon's site for more of the Traveller yarn and see what other colors exist that may work for Flamewave toes...No Traveller at this time, but one last skein of Little Traveller "Brazil", looking just as fantastic and irresistable as ever! What is a knitting sock-gal to do?! Self-restraint is not my strong point. Needless to say, it is on order and I asked Gryphon to hold it until I figure out whether a third skein will be needed for my Flamewaves or not...I know it will not exactly match, but I need the yarn type to match and I'm hoping she can dye up something that will coordinate, maybe in darker shades...Apparently she is due to dye up more of the Traveller yarn soon...
Did I ever tell you how dangerous Etsy is for me? God, I *love* that place!

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

You are such a temptress!!!!! Ghana is gorgeous. I made the Flame Wave and absolutely love them, but they were designed for stretch cotton (which I used) so look the pattern over carefully before diving in. You can see my green ones on Ravelry or way back on my blog, probably untagged. I really love the pattern. Now off to Ghana! Did you leave any?