Saturday, July 14, 2007

If You Don't Have a Knitting Buddy, Get One!



Ah, yes...now we know why 'buddies' are important. They enable us, and us them. And sometimes, when we end up in need of another skein of hand-dyed yarn (that the dyer is challenged in being able to re-dye anything remotely similar in color to...) because we decided to make larger socks than planned...our KNITTING BUDDIES can bail us out cuz, by George-they bought that same damn yarn at the same time you did because you were both drawn to it at the same time! (Nothing like sharing, huh?) So then the skeins are the same dye lot, too, cuz they were from that same batch! Well, whadda ya know?! Stilaholic Nartian came through with the Sanguine Gryphon Traveller yarn in the (trying to be re-done colorway, "Mali")!!! Thanks so much, Nartian!!! Couldn't survive this knittng adventure without you!

Oh...and another happy-happy to share...my Horcrux pair is finished-in time for the new movie and new book releases!
And I missed YPF-even purchased some yarn yesterday on the way to BINGO (yes, my friend got a bunch of us together to celebrate her birthday and play Bingo!). So I'll have to get the pics loaded to share. Guess it'll have to wait for next YPF...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're very welcome! Good thing I succumbed to the temptation after reading about the yarn on Cookie A's blog and finding out you had bought some.

And I cast on for my Horcrux finally! But between that and the ribbing section of my red cardigan, I'll be on ribbing island for awhile.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Knitting buddies are the best, I agree. The socks look fabulous!! Great job!!