Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lessons learned and lost...

Yes, a long time it has been since i posted! not sure if I'll get any better in the New Year, but since a significanr knotting wvent has occurred, i thought i should share tgis Knitting Moment...

Long ago, I learned, understood and prescribed to the rule (NOT recommendation) that a Knitter is wise to swatch and block prior to knitting a project. I wholeheartedly agree with this provided it is any sort of item you WANT, nay, NEED to fit in a particular fashion.

That said, I must say that today, I think I may have skipped that rule! I really can't believe that I would not have swatched and washed for this particular project-the "Hey Teach" sweater I started maybe a year and a half ago for my petite mother. But after washing the pieces to prepare for seaming and finishing bands...all I know is that-my!-it is laying out a good 2" larger in both length AND width!-REALLY?!

So Lazy Knitter that I am, there are no immediate plans to frog any if this. I will let the drying process complete and doe the shoulders and have my mother try it on again first! Fingers crossed...







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Yes, this is why I knit more accessories than sweaters!

Is your yarn superwash? Sometimes that stretches more than you'd expect, and it can be solved with a trip to the dryer. But sometimes that makes things fuzzy. Good luck with your sweater!