Saturday, June 11, 2011

Latest Knit!

I thought I'd share my latest knit project today! Cockeye (aka Debbi Stone of BMFA/SockSummit Show Goddess) started her own line of knit designs-TheStitches of My Life Knit Designs. She now has several gorgeous designs available-one free one offered is Patricia, which i' knit two of. In case I didn't shre that earlier, Here you go...



Quick and so pretty!

When I saw her latest release, KnitNight-I just HAD to knit one! NOW. of course, it helped that I had just purchased a skein of KnittedWit's Bling yarn at Stitches West that had been sitting, waiting to be knit into something lovely!

One of the samples used for KnitNight was knit from Knitted Wit's Bling-doesn't get more perfect than that!

So I am now onto the final border! I can't wait to finish-it is gonna be beautiful! And the unexpected part of using Bling? I love knitting with the actual yarn base! Admittedly, the major pull for purchasing it was the unique color on the silver-glitzed fingering base. I'm not even sure if I realized it has silk in it!

Once I started knitting with Bling, I knew I was making something special with some special yarn! It has a wonderful softness combined with a strength and stretch (must be the added bit of nylon)-and I adore the color! Doesn't hurt that the main base is merino with that bit of silver sparking through



I've now started on the final border that is absolutely delighting me-it is so pretty!



Hope to be done by next week! And hoping to find a perfect dress to coordinate with it so I can wear it to an upcoming wedding!

By the way, if you and your knit grou or friends want to knit this as a KAL, Cockeyed is offering 10% off on 6 or more copies! Now's the time to HAVE AT IT!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Blogging by phone? You rock! The Bling rocks, too. I love that stuff. I'm blocking a Bling Zen Rain right now for test knitter Christina, LJ's neighbor. It's a gorgeous inky sky blue, headed towards night.