Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon NYE




It is a Blue Moon New Year's Eve and Blue Moon Fiber Arts is celebrating in many fun ways!  For one, they had a Rare Gem Mill Ends sale.  I guess I don't need to mention that I participated.  How could I not?

Another way is that we are all casting on Blue Moon Projects!  I am hoping that my Blackbird Heavy Weight STR has arrived when I get home, which mean I will cast-on for my February Lady Sweater.

For now, I have this on my needles:


A "Baby Yours" finally started!  In a MW mill end, nonetheless! I'm not normally much of a 'blue' person, but this colorway has enough grey in it to be right up my typical 'grayed-out' colorway preference alley!

You may notice that the beginnings of this Baby Yours is a bit loaded down with circular needle cord and yarn ends.  Well, it *is* a mill end, so I hadn't noticed a knot that needed to be worked around.  And the cord?  Yes, I'm using a 60" cord  because in all honesty, I really can't find my shorter 24" or 36" cords.  Probably since they are already being used on other projects!

"Other projects", you may ask?  Yes, shocking as it may seem, I have many more projects started than finished...Happily for me, NathaniaApple (Purls Beyond Price) of Purlescence Yarns has started a "UFO Smackdown".  Irishgirlieknits started a "Smackdown" on Twitter to get some of us moving more (so far, I've not participated but I am thinking January Smackdown may be the start for me) and now, a UFO Smackdown.  Definitely two areas I can use motivation to do better in!

The sad thing is that after looking through my Ravelry Projects to jog my memory, I now know that I have at least 39 UFO's-and that is the short list!  For now, I am only focusing on a mini-focus list of a few projects:  Solly's sweater (arms and seaming to go), Kew (second sock nearly to the toe), and Baby Yours. And soon, the February Lady Sweater, but really, the main "UFO" would be the Kew, since the others are more "WIPs".  But either way, if the WIPs become FO's soon, I'll be happy!

I'll have to post the few I'm focusing on.  To post more would be too crazy and would set your heads spinning.  Well, that and it would verify what an undisciplined knitter I am.  I like to think of it more as 'Inspired'.  So I shall endeavor to 'inspire' myself more towards the UFOs

May you all enjoy your accomplishments of this past year and have a happy, healthy and productive 2010!  That's my plan and my wish for you!


5 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Happy new year! That's a good looking Baby Mine.

dianne said...

I love the Baby Yours! That's a great color. I've been thinking about making one too for my favorite niece who is expecting a boy in March.

On the UFO front, I have at least 15, and I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten about. TIme to play Finish or Frog!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Finish or frog is right! I'm sure a few of those are ready to be frogged! Here's to a smackdown year ahead!!

happy happy new year!!

Jen said...

That sweater is looking beautiful. I am def. wanting to knit a Baby Yours and a Baby Mine sweater this year! They are so pretty!

Caffeine Girl said...

39 UFOs? You are my new best friend. I'm sure I don't have more than 30 -- so now I feel downright virtuous.