Sunday, November 15, 2009

One day, long ago...







There was a Sock Summit. The sock summit was a wonderful event filled with wonderful teachers, presentations, a competition to beat a World Record, yarn and other knitterly goodies--all related to SOCKS and SOCK KNITTING!

In attendance was the Ravelry gang which of course meant...a RAVELRY PARTY!!!

Yes, dear readers-THIS is the SS09 Ravelry Party update-months late! Don't worry, it'll be mostly pictures.

For that evening, a crew of us got to be "Team Rav"!





Me, Linda, Christine and Sarah of the Magic Loop fame

"We" hung banners...(Actually, the taller of the 'we' hung banners!  That would be Samro of KnitQuest)

 
Helped set up the PRIZE table!




And there were clever Rav fabric banners decorating the area...


  Jess and MaryHeather consulting on the game plan of the evening...









The party is starting up!-Purls Just Wanna Have Fun (Marisol), Deb, Linda, Susan, Alice and (name I can't remember but she's...) the Shaefer Yarn Rep

 
  Casey had brought quite a selection of brews.  An interesting fact:  you must have food at events involving liquor, so once you run out of food, the bar is closed down...We hoped the food would hold out!

 We guarded and distributed the Ravelry "Goodie Bags"...





HizKnits and HizGuy were there with Superstar Janie Sparkles (AK(in my mind)A: NOTBob!)  Yes, people, Bob IS a Boston Terrier (and I think, male...)  Janie Sparkles IS a French Bulldog (and I believe female...).  A bit of a difference, yet it was amazing how many times I would hear voices yelling, "IS THAT BOB?!" And not in a voice of disbelief that it coul d be him but more out of excitement that he should be present at the event!  And let's remember that this is a picture from far away...these people were exclaiming this as they stood in front of Janie AND this big Bob banner!
 
Purlescence Yarn presented with Mini Purl-Girl and Purl-Guy!   The Purl Girls were at another event.

And there was a drawing!  Lots of beautiful items from Lantern Moon, Buffalo Gold, Namaste and MORE...
Funny thing is that a LOT (and I'm talking a disproportionate number considering how many male knitters there are to female...) of men won!  Again, surprising only when you look at the statistics and I have no problem with more men winning.  But I do take exception to the one Vendor Dude who won some of that gorgeous Buffalo Gold-I suspect he is a non-Knitter; especially by the way he mockingly feined overenthusiasm and screachiness in running up to claim his prize.  I only hope that he knew a Knitter who understands the value of that fluffy gold carefully resting in the lovely box he was clutching.  Mock us NOT, non-knitting Vendor-Man!  We are your bread and butter!

And what was in this said goodie bag we all got?
A skein of Vintage Wood from Berocco, a pattern, reusable Namaste bag, silk-covered notepad, a pattern and other literature.  And, of course, the cute muslin bag!

And...bringing you up to date on current WIPs:

  Juliet is started and I am now into the lace portion!

Progress was temporarily interrupted this weekend by a quick hat for an ill cousin:

I like how my somewhat random striping pattern came out...and the top, though stitches are a bit uneven, turned out cool!




 Boy Hat pattern from Crystal Palace Merino 5 and other yarn, label of which has been misplaced!



And in my typical non-focused way, I started one of these gift sacks with the remaining Kureyon from my Clapotis...but I put it aside to focus on Juliet and the hat...



 
This is the sack pattern from this year's Interweave Knits Holiday Knitting edition




And this evening...back to Juliet!
 
 I'm hoping this will be completed by the end of this month!  If I continue my focus, it can easily happen.  Sixteen days to go...maybe I'll even get it done in time for Thanksgiving!








4 comments:

knittinggolfer said...

thanks for the update, however tardy! we like the window into your life!

see and knit through another's eyes is always welcome!

knit on...

Unknown said...

Ah, I see the hat got done. ;)

cockeyed said...

...i seems like only yesterday.....

cupcakefaerie said...

Your Juliet is going to look stunning. I love your color choice.