Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Living for the Quick Fix, Plotting and Planning

Now that my afghan squares for the Pine Ridge Reservation afghans are sent out, I have found that the squares, combined with the Ravelry Socks that Rawk Crochet Challenge, have whet my appetite for crochet!

My attention went in the direction of working on afghan squares for that sampler lapghan I had bought a bunch of Vanna's Choice yarn for back in November. It's not very large, so it only requires 20 blocks. I plugged away and completed 4-5, but having the afghan squares for the Pine Ridge project behind me, and crochet calling out to me, I have now diverted my attention to other little quickie projects.

I completed a couple pairs of baby booties which I will have to post when I finish them off-one pair needs buttons, the other needs ties. And, realizing my Great Uncle's birthday is approaching, I decided I should make him some crocheted slippers.

So basically, my knitting time has been crochet time, Ulmus angst time (more on that at a later time), Lil' Emp Cake baking/decorating time (BTW, today is Lil' Emp's 9th Birthday!), and lastly--planning and scheming time!

This, my friends, is a Great Ball. Not to be confused with a Poke Ball nor with a Master Ball. This was part of this years cake decoration; last year's cake theme? Pokeball!

Baby dress, baby sweaters, socks, Cotty's, baby sweater, crocheted booties, Blackberry Brambles...all these projects floating in and out of my mind. Start? Swatch? Maybe a sweater? No, maybe a dress...no, sweater. So basically, my knitting mind has been jumping around with no set plans.

But with the release of IrishGirlieKnits' Blackberry Brambles pattern, I've been playing with these possibilities...
I love the redder color of the far left, but I fear it is a bit too lightweight. I'm tempted to go with the far right, which is the Scheeshaf ramie/wool blend and seems like it would be a perfect weight. But then I came upon the middle yarn. I can't even recall any longer whose yarn this is. Lisa Souza? Either way, I'm pretty certain it is a merino superwash. Decisions, decisions! Not that I've even cast on for my Cotty socks yet! Then there is the Carmen cardi that I resurrected...

Yes, I'm still all over the board!

4 comments:

Discoknits said...

I vote for the far left yarn - very pretty and brambly.

Great cake - it looks like a bokugan (sp?). Haws I dread my boys getting into all that stuff!!!!!

Tan said...

I vote for the yarn on the left, too. I think it looks blackberryish. Thanks for pointint out that pattern. It's very cute.

Rocky Moreno said...

Oooh, can't wait to see those Blackberries!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You have been one busy knitter!! So many patterns, so little time!

I LOVE the cake! What a good mom you are!!

Can't wait to see which yarn you use for the berry socks! They are all so pretty!