Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thank Heavens!

...for talented cousins who not only know how to take photos, but do a mighty fine job of it!

Baby Mine details...I knit this with the Socks that Rock medium weight that I
custom dyed to my "uncomfortable" color preferences-pastels.
Actually, I do like purple, brown and green, so this was actually
kind of a mottled Spirits using those hues.

And this time I used the Fleegle version of Saartje's Booties
Pretty nice not seaming-and so much neater looking!


Haven't you ever asked someone to photograph something for you only to have them either: 1) never do it or 2) send some crappy picture where you could not even ascertain what the subject of the photo is supposed to be...?

Well, my cousin and his wife loved the baby sweater set I knit for their Baby inWaiting! AND...his wife took some great pics for me! You are all familiar with my amateur photos, but at least they depict what I am trying to show. So this time around, you can appreciate my latest gift knitting much better-photographed than what I would have provided!

This time I used the Fleeglized version of Saartje's Booties. Many thanks to Nartian who had pointed out that Fleegle had re-written this seamless version. I think she mentioned it to me when I made the last baby set, but I was either too lazy to look it up or had already started the original pattern. I think the garter stitch matches the garter yolk of Baby Mine quite well.

I can hardly wait to see the baby in this!

And for fun? A picture of Lil Emp at his first Rally-we attended the California Children's Rally yesterday in Sacramento.


And tonight, in reading his camp newsletter for this week, it states that the theme this summer is is to be a (Camp Name) Super Hero!!! Every week's theme will be based off a super power that (Camp Name) Super Hero youth should have, and will emphasize some kind of skill or value that we hope the kids wsill learn through the leaders' activities..."

So what do you think this week's theme is? "Be Active and Speak up!" It then says, "We'll be learning ...why it's important to be active, and the influlence of one person's voice in making a difference." SERENDIPITY!

I guess it was OK that he took yesterday off from camp!

3 comments:

Angela said...

The baby knits are gorgeous!

cupcakefaerie said...

That's so cool your cousins photographed your beautiful gifts.

Rocky Moreno said...

You must be the queen of baby knits! Beautiful work.