Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pictures Loaded!

And the kid off the computer for the night! And I actually have a bit of time!

So here's the latest:

A completed CROCHETED scarf, done for the Socks that Rawk Crochet Challenge...

LSS in a Raven colorway (can't remember which). Pattern-"Verdere", crocheted in an extra repeat of rows 2-24

A pair of socks finished (finally!) after the Memorial Day Weekend!
Yes, Queen of Beads FINALLY done!

And my Moebius of Peace also finished after that holiday weekend!
A basic moebius knit with Berocco Cotton Twist, carried with a handpainted rayon

A bit smaller than it should be, but I still like it!And the two Barn Raising Quilt blocks I committed to! (Now to send them...!)
Leftover STR used: Pisgah and Seal Rock (with a bit of a Raven added to the edge)

I think I have finally settled on the Footsey Foo/Jabberwocky combo for the Ulmus, which I have yet to start! I actually still need to wind the Footsey Foo, but I'm not in a hurry since I have a "Baby Mine II" to complete by June 14! Along with requisite booties, since the mom-to-be attended our other cousin's shower and saw the Baby Mine I set done previously with the Dutch Canyon. I've connected the sleeves to the body and am starting in on the yolk.

But I've also been distracted by a fun challenge called "Blankets in July" Square Drive that is being conducted over at the Afghans for Pine Ridge Reservation Rav group. We are divided into two teams (Red Birds and Wolves) that compete to complete the most afghan squares that are supposed to be around 6" square for which a point is earned for your team (1 pt per 36 square inches...).

I joined the group when I learned that they would take just about any sized knit block (you know, for all my imperfect blocks that didn't quite meet measurement requirements for other afghans...). Up until now, I'd done nothing with this group: not participated on the board and not sent any blocks! Our ears were burned at the start of this challenge, so I figured I'd hop in on the fun.

Sounds like it will be fun and if any of you are up for it, come on over and play with us! I'm on the Wolves team! GO WOLVES!!!!


5 comments:

Tece said...

My gosh, you sure get a lot finished!! I especially like your moebius scarf; I still want to make one of those.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Just love your crocheted scarf! Bet it is wonderful in the LSS!

I think I'm knitting my RSC sock kits backwards...first Fraggles, now Roses, someday Queen of Beads. Your Queen of Beads are just gorgeous!!

Rocky Moreno said...

Love that scarf and the socks!

cupcakefaerie said...

Gorgeous knits! You have been busy!

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely knits! How do you manage to get all that accomplished with kids/laundry, and work? :)