Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Lay's" socks, AKA "Cotty"

KnittingGolfer and I keep saying you can't knit just one pair of Cotty's and so, my nickname for them is "Lay's"! I cast on for my second Pigeon Roof Studios Cotty and quickly cast-on for a second pair, too!

I love the Sam 'n Ella colorway and decided Cotty would be a great knit for it, so I couldn't resist-I went ahead and cast-on, putting all UFO's further back in my mind!
Cotty's, v. 2.0

In my last post, I had included a picture of a new sweater I started for Solly, one of my many cousin's baby. I'm using the Baby Racer Sweater pattern by Marie Connolly. I'm using Knit Pick's Mainline cotton/wool yarn for the body in the Ink colorway.

After seeing Miss Babs Worsted in Van Gough over at WoolGirl's July 4 sale, I had to get it to use for the contrasting arm/neckband. So SassyMan was kind enough to go to the PO and get my package out of hock today! How could I resist a WoolGirl sale? I would have been in bigger trouble had someone not beat me to the 3 Wowza skeins of Miss Babs Worsted in Hemlock. Alas, it was not to be! But I did manage to get these...

Miss Babs worsted in Van Gough and Miss Babs Yummy Sport/Sock in Lilacs!

And speaking of WoolGirl, I resurrected this sock I started using Spunky Ecclectic sport yarn, also purchased from WoolGirl.
Slipped Stitch Delight pattern by Terry Ross, knit in the Spunky Ecclectic Sport sock yarn, Hummingbird colorway.

Yeah, the ADD continues. I have narrowed my focus to about 6-8 projects right now; hopefully I'll prioritize and plug through them! Vacation is in the near future and hopefully some good knitting time!

5 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

I was thinking to dub my Cotty socks "Lays", too....as I knew I would not be able to knit just one pair!! Great minds!! :)

I'm glad you got your Miss Babs yarn out of hock! LOL! :)

I have 5 projects right now and sock club is on its way...it does get a wee bit overwhelming! :)

Happy knitting!!

Rocky Moreno said...

Those colors are pretty!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That just cracks me up..."I'm focusing on 6-8 projects right now!" That's why we love you! No complaints from me for knitting another Cotty sock! Only problem, is I want practically every STR colorway I see it knit up in!

Can you believe I resisted that fabulous Woolgirl sale! I plan to make up for that this weekend!

cupcakefaerie said...

So true! I finished my first pair of Cottys in just 13 days (a record for me)--yes, less than two weeks! I would have cast-on a second pair by now, but I'm vacation and I accidentally left the yarn at home :(

I love both your pairs!

Knitting Kris said...

Wow - love your Cotty socks! They are superbly lovely!
I am having a wild streak of knitting ADD as well, so I can sympathize! :)