Monday, December 15, 2008

Told ya I've been busy...

What started out as a hat for "Solly", became a hat for Benny...but it's done! "Design Element" and all! I decided this 'design element' was a bit too much to be smack-dab in the middle of the hat, but perhaps it will look kinda cute off to the side?

I hear Nartian's Monkey 1 insisting this is too girlie, but hey-it is, what it is! And I think this little rascal will look quite cute in it!
Benny holding still only for a short moment while his cousin holds him!

And I am pleased to say that the Mystery Sock Through the Loops KAL socks are completed! In time for Christmas, nonetheless! So hopefully they make it in the mail to my buddy in time for Christmas!

I was taking a lot of time off to spend at Lil' Emp's school doing crafty things. No pics to share cuz I was too busy to get shots of any of it!

And immediately following the crafting extravaganza week, there was the field trip/craft FAIR week. Tuesday was the Symphony and to balance the craziness out, Muir Woods and the peacefulness of still, clear water...
Maybe not all that peaceful chaperoning 9 kids, but it wasn't all that bad, either...

And even a banana slug to look at...or kiss!
(NOT ME!!! NO WAY!...but some of the kids did!)

Oh, then on Sunday there was a shower...

complete with yummilicious cupcakes that Cupcakefaerie would appreciate! (Cara's Cupcakes-hadn't tried those before...)

After the shower, I was able to slip down to Purlescence Yarns to replenish my BMFA stash with a Cookie Next Door, Alley Ooops and a heavyweight Brick!

I made it home to retrieve Lil' Emp from his aunt and dragged him out for some late-evening shopping at the Sports Basement in the Presidio and look what we saw as we drove home...


...what appeared to be a full moon...


And did I mention another project is underway?
Another gift cowl, using the lace pattern featured in the Cafe Au Laite mitts! (Thanks, Nartian-I wouldn't have used this pattern had I not seen your mitts!)


And below, a potpourri of sharing...
Cowl in progress, the new Solly Hat-almost done!, my KP blocking wires arrived!!!,
and...well...I ended up with the opportunity to help take a Peppermint Patty kit
off a fellow knitters hands-so I did!


So now to catch up on everything-and finally maybe get that shawl blocked?

3 comments:

cupcakefaerie said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all the lovelies you've been knitting, activities and trips! :) Yum...good cake porn too!

Oh, I made the Capitan hat. Just need to put the buttons on. Thanks for the suggestion -- it looks great!

Jasmine said...

What yarn is that candy can looking one on the right? It was good meeting you in person at Purlescence. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Yowza! I thought I'd been busy!

That banana slug is... um.... cute?