Thursday, July 03, 2008

So as not to be a tease...

And to honor IrishGirlie's wish, I present to you the two Scout colorways I purchased this past weekend...

These are two of her newest colorways that have been crockpot dyed: Fresh Basil and Elycerose (hmmm...sounds like some fancy modern baby name...). They photographed a bit less blue than they actually are. The Fresh Basil is a bit more limey-green-ish and the Elycerose is a tad more violet blue, rather than gray.

And here, Scout poses with her new line-up of colors! Yeah, I was taking my pic from a different angle!
And, if course I was dying to knit up the self-striping yarn I had just dyed! So I cast-on for what was supposed to be a picot-cuffed plain vanilla pair. But alas, somehow I started knitting and came up with a twisted stitch patterning.

As I explained, (hmmm...or did I?)...I came home Sunday afternoon and that evening got inspired to dye my second skein to 'match'. Unfortunately, I neglected to recall that the Sky Blue made earlier was higher in ratio of water to dye, as compared to the other mixtures. I also think I made my brown a bit lighter than what was available in class. Ah, yes...different tones!

So now I think I will be knitting the cuffs from both skeins, and continue the remainder of the sock with the second color.

My hand-dyed 'self striping' fingering weight yarn-the sock is being knit from the darker skein on the left; I'll use the lighter tone skein for the foot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new basil color. Green is my thing. Your yarn is beautiful too.

Unknown said...

It's striping! That's good!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those are two gorgeous colorways you got!! Good girl!

I love how your sock is knitting up!! So pretty!!

Happy 4th!

Marisol said...

Love that Basil! Soon I shall have some too...

Hey I love how your self striping sock yarn is knitting up!

Rocky said...

I'm a sucka for brown & blue, or any combo with browns. So pretty!