Wednesday, June 25, 2008

DYING for this weekend to arrive!

Cuz I got into Scout's dying class! YAY! I'll be going over to Knit One One for a dying workshop on Saturday and Sunday-I hadn't heard about it until just last week and somehow was able to get in! I'm so thrilled and can hardly wait!

And look what I completed...
The Malabrigo Loafers, acorn tassels and all!!!

And I decided what to make with the Silky Malabrigo...

The 'quick' adverb got to me, despite IrishGirlie voting for the Cowl of Kindness! But as you may or not notice from the photo, this is merely 1/2 a cowl and just about a completly knit skein. I only purchased one. Doh! Hopefully Article Pract will have a second one for me so I can finish it!

And Lil' Emp decided he liked those loafers, so I am going to endeavor to create his-sized slippers. My first thought was to use my lightweight STR, doubled and on smaller needles, but he seems to really like the Malabrigo and this color. Being that I actually had over 3.5 oz left of the Malabrigo (3.5 oz per skein, folks! so these were actually a 1-skein project for this small size!), I should have enough to do a second pair for LE. Hopefully the re-sizing won't be too much of a PITA! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute are those loafers!! Love the tassels!

Wait, that doesn't look like a cowl of kindness?? pretty though :)

Maria said...

OMG I want to learn to dye! Darnit. Looks like I'll miss this one. Well, Morgaine told me once that she could teach me. I'll have to contact her.

Also, I'm sort of surprised you didn't join Sundara's Seasons Club. I mean, I'm always so envious of all your clubs. (I joined as a Winter!)

cockeyed said...

...the loafers are really great! Makes me want some. Have a great time at your class. Can't wait to see what you do!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this weekend!!! We're gonna have the BEST time!

I will study until then. Yes. Only studying....

Marisol said...

Cute loafers! Hey it was fun meeting up with you at Dye class yessterday!

Sile Convery said...

The loafers turned out beautifully. You know cocoknits is teaching a class later this month at the knit-one-one studio---she's a great teacher too>