Saturday, April 05, 2008

Real, live knitting content!

Well, it is now April 5, so you know this can't possibly be an April Fool's Day joke!

March was Malabrigo Madness and I cast-on for three projects. So...(believe it or not), I have a completed project!

"The" completed project, "Tudora" in-what else?-Malabrigo worsted weight! The colorway is Col China.



And a hooded scarf (which looks like a big ol' scarf at this time!) is a little more than 3/4 way done.

And all this time, the new Cedar Creeks (previously ripped-back and now again on its way...) are coming right along. I am now on the foot of the first sock!

Here's a non-approved new project I started on...yeah, I know-naughty!...I couldn't resist and started the Mystic Light KAL. The Dream in Color Baby was IrishGirlie-approved, though, so how could she think I wouldn't cast-on for the shawl I purchased the yarn for?!

Then thing is, this actually isn't really the project because since it was taken-I ripped it all back! Long story, but the beginning basically became a swatch because the needles I started with (I decided) were not the 'right' size, afterall...I then kept knitting with the next size up, then lost a stitch and couldn't find it. I decided at this stage, it was prudent to frog the whole thing! So now, I am just about at that same place.

But alas, homework awaits and I really need to focus on THAT! So...I need no guidance on the foucs for the next week becaue I know I had no business frogging and re-knitting on this one! If I were more disciplined, I probably would have frogged and set it aside to cast-on (as IrishGirlie says, 'as a reward') later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that Col China color. Lately I'm a little obsessed with pink and green combos.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love the Tudora! And the hood/scarf is almost complete! Should be finished by/at camp right? ! Yay!!

Well, I did love the baby lace yarn so I totally understand casting on! I did cast on another pair of socks (lucky! me!). I really really want to cast on another project but haven't started my homework yet, so once that is done, that will be my reward! Tomorrow is homework day!

cockeyed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cockeyed said...

You better get on that homework. Great prizes await........