Wednesday, December 05, 2007

When stamping meets knitting...

So I spent the majority of Sunday working on these...


I had decided to join a Holiday Swap on Ravelry. In so doing, I pondered and stressed over 4-5 possibilities of yarns to send to my swap pal. I just couldn't decide between a bright, solid Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, 2 different dark blue blends of Koigu PPPM, a pinkish mix of Koigu PPPM, and a turquoise blend Koigu PPPM. -Oh-then there was the grey Koigu PPPM, too! Then, all of a sudden, -wham!- it came to me-the brighter of the blue mixes, since (surprise, surprise) they were so similar in color. So once I figured it out and the pattern, I started putting together her package. Then I get this bright idea that I needed to not only make a card to enclose, but hey, why not a set to include in the gift?! So there you have it!

And this is what I put together for my swap buddy:
I included a few pieces of Scharfenberger chocolate; just wish I had had more time to got out and get a couple of bigger bars of it! What I had first imagined giving got encouraged more towards the knitting stuff end, since our group ended up having a big ol' discussion on how they like to relax. I then started doubting what I had gotten and what I had had in mind.

Before getting my swap buddy assignment, I had gone to LUSH and gotten some goodies, passed by a really awesome chocolate shop nearby and passed on that option since they were really good chocolates. I mean really good. I mean like the kinda good that is almost too good because there are some people who have much simpler chocolate palettes and would not appreciate this kind of chocolate that costs like a couple of bucks for one teeny, tiny, filled delight. I couldn't take the risk. I mean, you can't just give a single one, right? It'd have to be more like 2 or 4 and if it were a non-chocolate person or someone who really doesn't like the gourmet-y type stuff...well...it's be a waste. It was that kind of chocolate-the kind that you can only gift to those you are certain would 'get' it. Kinda like my good wines I hoard and only will share with other wine afficianados. (Don't get me wrong-I drink cheaper wines, too, but I can appreciate the goods stuff, too...know what I mean?) Turns out my swap buddy only likes 'good' chocolate and used to work at a chocolate shop! Yeah, go figure! Well, maybe she's kinda 'over' chocolate, having worked at a shop before anyways...

Then I saw she doesn't like "patchouli". Well, I never really know what all scents could possibly be in the different bath bars and all, but I still risked it and included the Bathos bubble bar. Hope it is a non-patchouli scent...

Well, I need to quit freaking out about it cuz it's delivered as I write. Now I'm just dying to hear how she liked it all.

Seems like I haven't been knitting much lately. Why? I guess cuz I've been too busy making cards and putting packages together!

My fellow PTA officers and myself decided to nix the school's annual "Holiday Sing-a-Long" and instead are opting for a "Winter Wonton Land". (yes, the name was my brainchild-which demonstrates my humor...) Yep! Wonton and BINGO! That's tomorrow night and this is our first year doing this-I think our new regime is freaking the old crusties out, but they'll live. So I guess the majority of my time this past week has been spent running around buying stuff for that and-oh-I forgot to mention...My felted slippers were NOT due Tuesday!

I had my dates mixed up, showed up for my quilt group party and realized it is next week! Luckily, it was the day from hell and I was "late" getting there, so I didn't bring nearly as much food as I would have and didn't make more of a fool of myself by showing up early! Yeah, I'm a nut! But I got 9 "Bento Box" blocks sewn and now have enough to piece a quilt top together! Next year's quilt to complete! Now to figure out how to pay for getting my sister's quilt quilted (I piece, I don't machine quilt...). Maybe a future pic will be in order.

A minor confession: what little knitting I have done, has not been any of the previously mentioned gifts! But I also have not cast on for anything new, IrishGirlie! (Not that you were asking, right?)

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those cards look even better in person! Thank you again!

I'm sure you swap pal will love the package! I know I loved mine :)

And I'm so proud of you for not casting on anything new!! Think Cedar Creeks...hehehe