Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Missed YPF!

And maybe "Blog-free Terry" (hope you don't mind me referring to you that way, Terry!) was waiting in anticipation to see what naughtiness I was into! So I can't disappoint now, right? So here is my YPF make-up...

Where to start? OK, how about this...my FIRST shipment from my 3-month Simply Socks Yarn Company Club shipment.

It is "Ramble" by Sleeping Dragon. I didn't really receive it until a week or two ago when I discovered a delivery slip at the bottom of my mailbox! Luckily, I discovered it right in time, since it was actually a "2nd Notice" and would have been sent back shortly if I hadn't retrieved it from thePO! The Ramble colorway is much darker in the pick; in real life, it is more raspberry, royal blue and yellow. Not a gold yellow, but a yellow yellow, which makes the colorway out of my usual "me" palette. Once knit, I will proably love it, but I can't say it's a favorite at this point.

So...it took so long to get this pack, that I now have my second package! This time, it is a Spunky Eclectic sock string in "The Berry Brigade". This one is much more, my palette! I like medium to dark colorways!

And here it is, spread open for better viewing. The skein pic is closer to what it looks like. The open skein pic comes out brighter and brings out the blues, which aren't apparent when you look at it.

And what would YPF (or shall I say YPS for SUNDAY?) be without Sock that Rock?!

I have been trying hard to control the yarn expenditures. The Sock Club thing happened when I was under the impression that I had money, and it is already pre-paid. The STR order was cut from 2 Twisteds and 4 STR to just the three above: Silkie STR in "Downpour", STR light in "Hot Flash" and STR light in "Metamorphic". The Silkie is for a dear Camp Cockamamie friend who doesn't know I will be RAKing her with it! Just need to think of some other goodies to include and will mail it out to her. I'll explain all later, just can't right now in case there is a chance she is reading this.

I've been wearing my Ribby Pully like nobody's business, and the weather has been perfect for it! You'd think I would finish my other sleeveless wrap top and cardigan, but NOOOOOO...I am barely working on my Solstice Slip socks and have been focused on the Campanulas. I still love the Black Forest Fudge yarn and am not entirely convinced that the Campanulas could not look kinda cute in this striped wonderful colorway, but I decided to stop where it is at and instead start up a new pair in the Yarn Botanika Radiance colorway, "Heather". I know in my heart of hearts that this colorway is probably a big winner for the Campanulas, softer pink shades and subtle shading and blending of colors vs. the higher contrast of the BFF. So...as much as I hate toe-ups (which is a large reason why I was resisting this earlier...), I cast on and have just finished the toe increases. I'll post a pic next time so it might look more interesting at that point.

I also started to attempt the learning sock #1 from Cat's new book. I either placed my markers incorrectly when I started or did some other funky thing and am now stuck! So...a puzzle/mind-bender to attempt which means I put it aside! I have made three attempts to re-start and am starting to feel like "this is a job for Wonder-Knitter (Nartian!)"-lol! So I will proabably make HER stop what she is working on and think this one out for me! Unless I end up tearing back to where I thought the sock matched the pattern last and re-knit from there.

So...I'd love to show that pic, only I fear the progress won't go past that point and don't want to keep you hanging with all my other projects that I posted about that went into the dark UFO hole! Let's just say they look like the sample up to the heels, and are being knit it a lovely light green Elann.com Highland Wool yarn...

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous gorgeous yarns there! I'm proud of you for cutting the STR purchase back...I know its sooooo hard!! I love all three of those colors!

Unknown said...

You're killin' me! You know I'm trying to finish my Ribby Pulli now that I've got the darn CTH skein untangled. But you probably know me too well as I do plan to mess w/Cat's book as soon as I finish my 2nd STR sock this week.