...so I wasn't able to share the fact that it is DONE! My
Ribby Pulli is complete! Despite the fact that Chloe's
Ribby Pulli only required one skein of variegated yarn, mine fell short on the hood by about six inches! I
reaaaaaallly wanted to order more Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Twisted", but was convinced not to. So I was being good for a change and pulled out the remaining 76 g. or so of the Cascade 220 Heather and (in the words of
EZ...) pressed on! I tell ya, I had to think
about EZ's "press on" encouragement through such
knitterly work,
cuz I really was starting to get sick of working the hood. So maybe it was good that I ran out of the Puck's Mischief Twisted and had to blend it with the Cascade heather. So here is the hood, after working the heather back in at the top. I think the proportions worked out well...

Here it is, on a real body...(goes so well with my leopard-print skirt, huh?) What can I say? I love this sweater so much that I am wearing it with EVERYTHING! Just when I thought the weather was getting too warm and nice to be able to wear this anytime soon, the A/C has been
crankin' at work and the San Francisco mornings have been foggy and COLD! It truly is a comfy wear and so far, the allergies are behaving! I'm not getting overheated in it, either!

And here, the warped '
flatsy' version...

Ta-duh! Fine!
So here are some details:
Pattern: Bonne Marie Burns Ribby Pulli pattern
Version: pocket, long-sleeve, hooded version
Materials: Cascade 220 Heather (color #4006), 5 skeins (and about 25 g. left)
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted in Puck's Mischief (about 18 inches left!)
Needles: Knit Picks Options, Size 4 and 5
Size: 41", but I increased the body length by about 2.5" and knit the size 35" (2nd size) sleeves, starting with 50 stitches and increasing to 72 stitches to a length of 17.5"-this shorty don't got no monkey-arms!
It is a great knit and the edge finish of the pocket and hood are absolutely clever, as is the construction of the pocket, itself! (Thanks for the extra help, Nartian!) It always helps to knit together with a friend (especially if it is Stilaholic Nartian) cuz when you get stuck, they always pull you outta that mud puddle! She and I agreed that a couple of portions of the pattern were a bit confusing, while other portions were just me!-lol! And...well, I forgot to make up for the decrease in the sleeve stitches and ended up fudging the final decrease rounds! I think Nartian found some mathematical errors anyway, so I was being lazy and didn't bother re-figuring the math. It looked good enough to me and seemed to fit fine, so no harm done (in my book, at least!).
So...besides lack of camera, I didn't get a chance to post because (among my usual PTA, PPS (Parents for Public Schools, Union, non-
profit board, social and work commitments-and did I mention that Little Emperor started back to school last week?!*), I've been playing "Community Activist",
fighting the establishment of a White Zone in my neighborhood! Ah, the challenges of trying to keep our neighborhoods livable in "the City" (of San Francisco!)...Exhausting both mentally and physically!
So...I'm sure I must have some STR somewhere around here to flash! Guess that would be most appropriately shared on...YPF!!!
*BTW, had to share that Mr. Little Emperor was NOT looking forward to starting school, since he doesn't like 'that Raccoon math'! Yeah, the full page of long addition and subtraction problems he got stuck doing for homework last year with the cute little cartoon Raccoon wearing a mortar board on its head illustrated on the page (perhaps to make such worksheet appear more appealing?). So far, no sign of Raccoon Math, but this is only week 2 and the first week of homework...I can only agree-I, too, hate Raccoon math! You can't believe all the begging and pleading that went on to get him to plug through all those problems! Press On!
4 comments:
I love that you used twisted. I love the yarn and can't wait to see people knit more things in it.
It looked awesome while you were knitting it and I can't wait to see it in person.
Neri
I love it! Absolutely gorgeous and if I were you, I'd want to wear it with everything too! Bring on the fall!! Great job!
I just love what you ended doing with the top of the hood!
Post a Comment