Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yarn P0rn Friday!--in an hour!


So I might as well post now, don'tcha think? Because I just got my order from SCOUT'S SWAG!!! Name anything "Pomegranate" and I'm there! Must be a holdover from my childhood. My grandfather was a fruit farmer; on his ranch were many an apricot, pear, peach, plum tree, and on the side of his lawn was a single pomegranate tree. The rare fruit. What few pomegranates that tree bore, we all had to share. I just love pomegranates-the look, the flavor, the colors!


That said, I was so bummed to see her tease of a pomegranate roving-no sooner posted as 'new' to her site, labeled as "SOLD OUT". Waaah! I wanted some!


Well, stupid me, I could *order* some custom dyed for me, now couldn't I? The nice thing, too, is that my most awesome friend in Nebraska (who, btw, I met through the stamping world...) gave me a gift certificate for Scout's Swag, so i could order the stuff guilt-free! HOO-RAY! So here's my order--oh--sans the knit soak samplers I got cuz well, I forgot to put them in the pic! (Yeah, too lazy to take the pic again, too!...)
So I got the Pomegranate merino roving, merino sock yarn dyed in 'Bibioteque', the soaks, and a Chic Knits pattern. I know, the pic's kinda dark, but I think you can get the idea. Don't worry, not even thinking of quitting the day job to be a photographer...
I have to post these goodies cuz I'm not going to Stitches West. I think I've said that already. I need to convince myself and truly understand that it would be far more torture to attend and expect myself to curb the purchases than to just skip it altogether. So far, I'm not so sure I'm convinced. I waivered and thought, "it's not just about the stash enhancement opportunities-it's about knitting fellowship! I can reunite with my knitting buddies! I can hook up with my old co-worker who I hadn't seen in years and who is now living far away and retired but who I saw there last year. I can see Sylvia--maybe she needs a ride home (or at least to the City) again, like she did last year...or what about my old daycamp trainer who is now knitting up a storm, who I hadn't seen for over 20 years but ran into only two Stitches ago...? And what about rubbing elbows with the high-rising star, Cookie--you know? Cookie-author of the most fa-bu sock and other lace pattern wonders! And the opportunities to try out more spindles and spinning wheels?..." Oh yeah...then I'd HAVE to buy yet *another * spindle and lament over my desire for a spinning wheel!
OK, remember, I'm going to Sock Camp...going to Sock Camp...going to Sock Camp...Sock Camp will more than make up for the large void that skipping SW is creating...yes, sock camp GOOOOOD...
Well, the wonderful thing is that though I'm NOT going, my partner is yarn shopping crime *will* be going, and I have sent her on a special errand for me: to seek out and grab some of Cookie's hand-dyed yarn that I understand will be there. Thank heaven for the Nartian Knitter! She will save me. She will help me to go to SW vicariously through her!!!
Damn! i wanna go...


No comments: