Monday, October 02, 2006

I know...I keep harping on this...

I've progressed on my Carnations and Cranberries socks in the Apple Laine Apple Pie yarn. I keep finding funking portions of slubs that come up, but I continued to knit. I'm still not convinced that this particular skein isn't some mill end, but it certainly does knit up nicely and feels so soft!

Here's a 'slub' that I was talking about...

The look of a 'slub'... Posted by Picasa


And another...
Still obsessing Posted by Picasa


Maybe you can see it as stitches on the needle...am I just being obsessive? Probably, huh...
10th and 12th stitches in...do you see what I see? Posted by Picasa


This pic is as good as I could get to show the slubbies sticking out in the knit fabric. Subtle, but still there...
Follow the points of the needles (lower right and left) Posted by Picasa
src='http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/151/6467/400/DSCF0669.jpg'>

This is a bit lighter...maybe you can see the chubby stitches better?
A bit better...? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know it was busy when we chatted, but did I say I vote for getting a replacement skein? There's one too many things off. One or the other may be okay, but both issues aren't right, especially since it wasn't sold to you as a "mill-end."