Wednesday, August 05, 2009

You wouldn't guess that Sock Summit Hasn't Started Yet!


...if you were to see the amount of sock yarn I've already amassed today!

But guess what? ALL THE ABOVE wasn't purchased! Well...I did pay for a 'yarn tasting luncheon', but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine a luncheon with so many goodies!










Including this bag of treats!...







And after our glass of prosecco to start things off (stitch marker attached to our glass!), a first course like this...
Acuardi Insalata served with our salad!


And door prizes! I won this prize donated by Larissa herself! And the bag didn't just include her Knitalong book, but also a whole French Press Cozy KIT! Yarn and pattern!



We had lunch with the various dyers who so generously donated their yarns for us! We later had the opportunity to visit Abundant Yarn Dyeworks and I actually was kinda good...

I purchased a skein of Cascade 220 Superwash to make 12" blocks for a special afghan they are making for a special little girl who lost her mother. I can mail the blocks to them if I don't finish any prior to leaving. And I couldn't resist some authentic OREGON yarn to bring home!

So I got a bit of a headstart...oh well!










What was fun is I poked in to say 'hi' to Cockeyed and got to peek at a couple of vendor booths! All I can say is O M G!!! This is going to be way too much temptation! I was already petting and pining over some of Snicklefritz's Yarn! GORGEOUS and some merino/cashmere was just asking to be snatched up! Alas, no snatching. YET.










Please, oh please...what to do to keep from grabbing up skeins of yarn and buying, buying buying?













9 comments:

dianne said...

That luncheon sounds like an absolutely awesome way to start your trip! Congrats on the door prize!

Rocky Moreno said...

you scored! love your yarny goodies.

Tece said...

What fun!! I wish I could be there...continue to enjoy yourself!

marcy said...

wow leslie! that tasting was worth it! the salad alone looked delicious! not to mention the yarns! and a door prize too! starting the week off great!!!

Discoknits said...

Sock Summit is not the time to be channeling your inner disco. Go wild, I say, Go WILD!!!! And encourage that IrishGirlie too :0)

Tan said...

OHmiGOSH! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm glad you signed up for the yarn tasting luncheon. I enjoyed it very much vicariously.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretties!! So glad you had an awesome pre-sock summit party! Can you believe its already over....

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It doesn't count as stash if you didn't buy it, right? Or suddenly I have a huge (for me) stash. Lunch was fabulous!

Unknown said...

It was so great to meet you and hang out during Sock Summit! I am so hoping I can make it to Camp next Spring!!