Wednesday, March 05, 2008

IrishGirlie is pushing me to get those second socks done! Marcy and Maria and waiting to see the SW haul revealed! I have a bit of time (not really, but hey-I can post a pic or two...), so I thought I'd share a pic. Not quite the revealing big stash-enhancement photos, but more the pic of all the little extras I got! Know that I have a compulsive buying disorder and am working on it this year. It will take some work to change my old habits, and the change in behavior cannot be expected to happen overnight!

So above, is my treasure trove of goodies that didn't make the "BIG HAUL" picture! An adorable coin purse that I could not resist-even at the end of the day and after purchasing all the other stuff! Come on-you gotta admit she's too cute! I can see myself going with Nartian to get our coffee in the morning, this lovely strawberry cutie hanging from my wrist, holding my coffee money!

And I could not pass up the adorable Lucy Neatby hat pattern! HAD to get a Bob and Ravelry pin and some stickers! The great thing about Ravelry and their designs/logo is that it is not obviously knitting. It's kinda like you need to be in the 'club' to know what the symbols mean! IOW, I could safely stick this to my car without SassyMan being too embarassed to move my car for me!

Some swag: the cute lil' pen/measuring tape, the way-too-cool Malabrigo lace sample in the ever delicious Col China colorway! Now answer me this-if the label says "Col China" is the colorway "Col China" or does it mean colorway, "China"? I need to know this!

Oh, what the heck-I might as well give you a visual of the main haul--sans the (ahem!) BMFA purchase! Yes, the BMFA purchase is a separate pic on its own and is actually its own sub-stash! I'm so shameless! The worst thing is that as I was attempting to take a picture of my purchases, I kept finding more stuff to add. Like the spindle. Like the patterns...

So what you kinda get a glimpse of here is: a Stitch Diva pattern (Giselle) by Marnie McLean, a Fiber Fiend sock pattern (Ruby) , a NEW Cascade spindle!, Shelridge Farms worsted weight in "Sage" for (hopefully) a Hemlock Ring Blanket (yes, Marcy-I think I am caving on that one!). The lovely skein next to all the sage-ey goodness? A skein of hand-dyed from Creatively Dyed (thanks for the recommendation, Maria! I found lots of colorways that I *did* like and if it hadn't been one of the very last stops prior to all the purchasing damage I'd already done, I would have probably bought 2 more skeins! Nothing like supporting the small indie dyer!) Hmmm...some "limited edition" (yeah, just call me 'Sucker') Capistrano Dyeworks sock yarn , Shelridge Farms multicolor dyed sock yarn, Malabrigo lace (Black Forest and some pinky colorway that I think will be fun to mix together for a lacey scarf...-no cracks about my scarf completion record!). In front of the Malabrigo Lace is some Tess Designer sock yarn in a paled out gray-green (LOVE this!), and behind, Baywood Yarns sock yarn (Sea Otter colorway) and a skein of merino/bamboo from the Fiber Fiend!

PHEW! (Again!) Yeah, IrishGirlie-another long-A post, but admit it-you were enjoying every moment of this one! Kinda make you feel better about your shopping spree? Yeah, I exist to make others feel ok about their Stash Enhancement Expeditions!-lol!

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hehehe! I am so proud of you!! Maybe I should do the same, post the non-STR stuff! It wouldn't be too bad. Mostly sock yarns. And sock yarns. Actually just sock yarns! Its the STR that you know, has led to the major destash this week :)

ANyways, I truly enjoyed that post :) So glad it was now and not the Friday of Stitches or else I would be thinking..wow..I didn't see that..should go get some! I did go get some of that Capistrano sock yarn though after I saw yours at lunch. Yummy! And to make you feel better, I got two colorways!

Baby steps. I hear you!

Anonymous said...

All of that stash is saying, "Reachout and touch..." Really, really nice haul :) Terry

Anonymous said...

Geez! It's all so beautiful! Can I come swim in your stash? Yummy. :D

Maria said...

I haven't knit my Shelridge Farm fingering weight from last year yet. I think maybe it would be nice yarn to make a sweater out of... hmm.

Man it was so great to see you! I wish I had more time to chat. I also bought the Giselle pattern, but I think it'll be my last from Stitch Diva. Every time I have had an interaction with her it has been... well, not as great as I would like. (To try to put it diplomatically.)

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for you!!!!! great job and cool stuff!!! i am a gadget person too. it's hard to resist the small unique things that could really make things easy...penmeasure!!! ahaaaa!
still waiting to see the BMFA haul!! chicken!!! did i say that!

you won't be disappointed on HRT! i ran out of yarn on the way cool, yarn gobbling bind off. i opted for the third honkin hank of eco plus (478 yds?) to make it larger and then have plenty for bind off.

However, my enabler is at WEBS for me tonight. my eco +, yarn for a HRT for mom, some noro silk garden lite and Taiyo -have you felt that yet? we are starved for color and brightness on the east coast. and some sale cotton for dh1. don't feel bad!!!
You made my day!!!