Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So I just think I'm too smart!

I am merrily knitting away on my Cedar Creek socks and have finally decreased all gussett stitches to 60! I get the inspiration to try the sock on and realize I AGAIN made a horrible mistake! I kept knitting with the smaller needles and the resulting gussett was WAY TOO SMALL to fit my PUDGY foot through! If nothing else, a more than humbling (and shall I add HUMILIATING! or HEART-WRETCHING?!) act! I made my co-worker observe as I sat before him, illustrating what 'frogging' means in knitting terms...He gives a shit-really-he does...(well, probably not, but he knew it made me feel better to have a witness!)

I decided that I had to frog immediately or this sock may sit unfinished for years! JUST DO IT!!! I really don't know if I'm motivated to go on...I think I may just work on my Hedera's that I just started using my Claudia Handpainted...


Frogging is such sweet sorrow...note--the smaller ball in the middle is the amount I had to frog! Probably 1/2 of the progress I'd made! (And as a fellow STR Club member noted...it looks an aweful lot like Ramen! Posted by Picasa

No comments: