Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Braggin' on my kid!

Ok, so I have to share this because that's what being a mom is all about! This past Christmas, my son completely grasped the concept of Santa Clause He-who-brings-what-you-ask-for. When he discovered that Santa had brought him a few "Thomas and Friends" trains that he had wanted, he exclaimed, "It worked!" (referring to the fact that Santa just KNEW that he had wanted these characters and there they were...)

So the other night he decides to write a letter to the Easter Bunny. In this letter he says, "Dear Easter Bunny, Please bring (mommy) some rainbow yarn..." and the proceeds to state a couple of items he, himself would also like. Even at 5 years old, these kids just KNOW what will please us, don't they?! And he's the one who tells me "You have ENOUGH yarn!" when with me at the yarn shop shopping...

I sure wish I were a more focused knitter like these other bloggers who post their project and zoom through them full steam ahead. But alas, I am not. But I am proud to report that the Seduction Retro Rib socks are now half-done; that is, I now have ONE completed sock! Frogged back the toe decreases at least three times to adjust for the length and once for adjust for my lack of attention resulting in uneven decreases!

I have also almost finished a furry baby jacket. The "You may NOW Celebrate the Holidays!" set was so cute that I had to do something similar, but I decided to add a hood instead of making a separate matching cap. Now to knit up the hood!

I still plug along on my STR Cedar Creek socks and the River Rapids, which is now decreased through the gussett and onto the foot lenght (for the first sock...) But can you believe-?! I'm casting on for the new HEDERA socks, pattern of which is published in the just-released Knitty I'm thinking of using the lovely Claudia Handpainted yarn I got at Stitches West the other month. I'm swatching to see if I like the fabric knit at 8 stitches per inch, which is what the pattern calls for...

We'll see...

1 comment:

beadlizard said...

Your boy has figured out the key to all requests -- cool!

If you email me your mailing addy I'll send you that skein of Claudia I bought at Stitches -- I'm allergic to it! --syl