Wednesday, March 15, 2006


River Rapids-Sockbug's pattern... Posted by Picasa


Close-up of patterning Posted by Picasa

So here are the River Rapids--if you haven't gone to the site, Sockbughas a bunch of REALLY GREAT sock patterns posted there for free! I love it! SOCK PATTERNS, FREE, COOL-LOOKING...what more could you want? Well...MORE, but that's greedy, and I'm happy for all that is already there! Plus, I have a feeling she just keeps on adding to them!

These are my first time using the Lane Cervinia Calzetteria; a bit rough feel, but I am confident it will soften when washed! I hope so, since I am planning these for a friend and want to make her a knitted sock snob!

In case anyone cares, the Little Lola's are DONE! YES! And they look just like the earlier picture, only with the toes completed.

I'm so excited about the upcoming TKGA/COGA Regional Meeting coming up in April! I finally decided on which course to take and just need to register. Hopefully I get in! I just finished my sweater design class (the precursor to The Sweater)from Barbara Paley, and she highly recommended Barry Klein (of Trendsetter Yarns). So--I'm taking his Fabulous Finishing class! I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The yarn does soften up a lot after washing. The color you are using and the one in the pinks run quite a bit the first time you wash them so I'd suggest soaking in the sink a few times and adding vinegar to the last soaking.

They should be beautiful when you're done. Only problem is once you make someone a hand knit sock snob they want more and more. Not a problem since sock knitting is addicting.