Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So...what IS that purple thing?

Well, I thought I should post the beginnings of my first REAL project designed by ME. I'm taking a "Design to Fit" sweater class at ImagiKnit. We are actually 3/4 of the way done, though my sweater is barely started! Hmmm...no wonder I never designed my own sweater before--too much planning! OTOH, I can get anal and when I take a class, I take it REALLY SERIOUSLY. We should swatch? 3-4" at least? Oh, OK...(swatch, swatch, swatch...) Gotta make sure it will be just how I want it...(swatch swatch swatch...) Can't decide! Can't make up my mind!!! I like this...no, I don't!...I need to try this...and THIS!!!! PHEW! I could go on forever, but there was NO WAY I was going to knit the equivalent of a sweater doing a swatch!

I finally settled on the 2-color ladder twist design for the bottom edge of my sweater. Ao far, so good, though the garter stitch ended up looking alot longer and the twist portion a lot shorter, so instead of the 3 repeats I had planned, it became 4.


The beginning of my sweater...I'm using Karabella Aurora 8 in purple. The second color is Karabella Aurora Melange. Posted by Picasa

No comments: