Tuesday, February 28, 2006


And these, I really don't know... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tinydancer said...

These are the instruments on the bond knitting frames (Incredible knitting machine) to manipulate the stitches by hand. You slip the prongs through 1 or more stitches, then over the latchs on hooks on the needles. You use them to create ribbing effects, lace etc. I have one of the 1st bonds sold 21 some years ago, and bought the upgrades this christmas but still haven't done much work on them. The white plastic objects are weights to hold the fabric down so that the loops don't jump off the needles as you work.

Anonymous said...

I have two knitting machines and recognize your photos--yarn weights and tools to move stitches on machine. I haven't used my machines in several years. I get more statisfaction from hand knitting. I have developed a passion for socks!

Deb said...

Leslie...these are also for a knitting machine. You can pick up stitches and transfer them over to other needles. deb