Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Proof of FOs

I hereby offer pictoral proof of 1 1/2 pairs of socks FINISHED! The Solstice Slip socks (yes, done in the prescribed "Firebird" colorway...) and ONE Lenore sock have been completed!

I was just telling Nartian earlier today how having these done makes me want to push through the Cedar Creeks as they are-no frogging! Afterall, if IrishGirlie can have two socks, different sizes, why can't I have a second pair of unmatched socks?

In my Cedar Creed socks case, they wouldn't so much be mismatched in stitch patterning and fit, but it's the idea that one is a whole 4 stitches (as I recall...) smaller and looks it! The difference in fit won't bother me. I'm so anxious to have a total of THREE new pairs of socks, that I'm thinking I wanna do it!-lol!

BTW, a friend of mine had to point out that one Solstice Slip is larger than the other. I don't care. It's not a super huge difference-it's just that one is knit a tad bit tighter than the other. I know the number of repeats match up, so I figure it will all even out in the long-run. It's not obvious to me.

On to continue my trek through my second Lenore, since I've postponed my next meeting with Gingerbread Dude til they are done...Alas, the affair has been suspended until Lenore is complete! Gingerbread Dude patiently awaits my return to him.

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Do it, do it, do it!! Finish the Cedar Creeks!

And I'm so glad that I've inspired you! We could even start a KAL...the mismatched or not exactly right or I know my feet aren't really two different sizes, but heck they fit, socks KAL!!!

Those other socks look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I guess many of us knitters are knitters of "many affairs" - so many wonderful sock yarns out these days! (Like the Raven series!wheeeee!) Nice feeling to have finished socks, isn't it? Very nice work here. Terry