Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Color themes and other knitting aspirations

Well here is the progress on my Rooster Rock Kews:

DSCF0894

Yeah, down to the heel flap on the first sock and that's it right now! Meanwhile, my KAL buddy had knit along to some other project since she has finished her pair! Take a look: http://stilaholicnartianknits.blogspot.com

This is the "Sock 1" previously mentioned which continued to stripe, but in a bit fuller ribboning, since I loosened my tension a bit. Much better than pooley Sock2.

And do you notice a similarity in the color scheme going on here?

DSCF0895

Velvet Cake! This is the accompanying 'focus project' that shares the ziplock baggie with the Rooster Rock kew. It's the beginning of a top (Rebecca No. 22) which I am hoping will one day actually BE the a top! I'll try to maintain my focus, though the STR pink granite I just got is calling me big-time!

The good news? The pink ribbon socks are done and two of the 2 pair of toddler socks I was "Extreme knitting" (sock within a sock) are finished. I liberated the first two after finding the second joining and decided I needed to finish them separately. I did decide to be crazy and do the seconds at the same time (sock within a sock...) just so I could say I did a whole pair in this manner. And of course, once they are done, never to do them that way again unless I suddenly were stuck on a desert island with no other knitting or needles and trying to make it take as long as possible to do...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But you got to finish some socks! So that's always good.

Angeluna said...

Leslie, these are beautiful. You have added another sock to my list. And Rooster Rock has got to be one of my all time favorites. Spent the day at a spinning/weaving shop on a ranch! Came home with roving and spindles, of course.