Thursday, July 28, 2005

New pics up!


Here the 'pair', almost done! Posted by Picasa


My first CIC socks! Posted by Picasa

OK, I'm excited! I just finished my first pair of CIC's-very thick, but they do ask that you knit the socks in worsted and that thicker is better. Now to find out where to send them...I went to The Knitting Guild Association's regional conference and found this yarn at the fiber market for $3! How fun to make socks from them! My co-worker burst my bubble when she told me they don't look the same size...I didn't do the 2 at the same time, as I usually do and believe me, I had to really think hard about what I had done on the first sock. Guess my memory and guess work wasn't so good...


My brand new spindle! Posted by Picasa
Another acquisition at the Fiber Market--spinning skills (or at least the ability to use the drop spindle and draft more than drop!)...and a NEW DROP SPINDLE!!! I don't need a new hobby, but what the heck!


The Lil' Dude jacket/sweater Posted by Picasa

I also finished the baby Lil'Dude jacket with matching hat, though I couldn't find the rolled brim hat for the photo shoot. I'm all proud of this one, since I did it top-down, no pattern! (Yay, me!) Always fun to see something 'evolve'.


A 5 yo pick for yarn! He wants it made into a scarf... Posted by Picasa
The orange cotton Rowan is supposed to be a scarf. Probably should be using a smaller needle, but I figure I don't want to buy another skein of this stuff (at $9/skein)--especially when there is no guarantee that the kid will actually REALLY wear this or not--so I'm trying to stretch the yardage.

I fell flat on the Flower competition and am trying not to be bitter. But come on, I didn't even place in the TOP 10 and some of the stuff that had (as of the Friday prior to closing of the votes) were questionable (in my opinion...) I did at least like the ones that DID end up winning. I still can't help but feel that was a phoney Baby Beauty Contest...know what I mean?

The MOST BITTER Tapmouse!

No comments: